In response to the My Favorite Things voluntary blog hop on Christa Wojo’s blog.
Ok Christa, here you go. 10 Things I love that are legal.
- Prosecco. I Love Prosecco. If I could go to work with it in my coffee mug, I would, but unfortunately it’s illegal. So I’m forced to drink sparkling water and coffee until the time is appropriate for me to pop a bottle open. The only thing second behind Prosecco is a good bottle of red wine.
- Newborns. I love the smell of newborn babies. I’ll always ask to hold them, but what I’m really going for is the smell. There’s something about their natural smell and Johnson & Johnson baby powder (I still powdered my son who’s eight, just so I can get a whiff.)
- Fired Weapons. I’m not a serial killer or special ops, but I love the smell of freshly fired weapon!
- Music. It’s gone-be-a good day when my favorite song comes on when I’m behind a steering wheel. I turn it up and a smile spreads across my face. (It holds me over until I can have Prosecco)
- Scalp Massage. Have you ever had one? Don’t laugh until you try it. A good scalp massage will leave you speechless.
- Number 6 is a good foot massage.
- Stolen Moments. I love catching people in intimate moments. I don’t mean catching lovers in the full act. That would be some type of voyeurism. But I’m a lightweight voyeur. I love catching people when they’re sharing a special moment. Example: sitting at a red light and I look over into the next car and see two lovers sharing intense eyes and she picks up his non-driving hand and kisses it slowly. (the light changes and we all get the horns and middle finger because we’ve held-up the traffic.) I’ve shared a stolen moment.
- Hair Done. I love my hair when it freshly done and bounces like the shampoo commercials.
- Last of the OJ. There’s nothing like the last glass of cold orange juice. It’s the most concentrated.
- Life Surprises. I love, love being caught off guard by life. I start smiling from the inside to out. Example. I stress over getting my report done on green. In my heart I know it should be blue. The morning of the presentation I yell at the kids to get off to school. There’s a traffic jam; I barely make it on time for the presentation only to get there to find out we are scrapping the green and we are going with blue. I feel like God is calling me out saying, “I’ve got this, you settle yourself down.”
What are your favorite things?
Leave them in the comments section or post them on your blog and link back to me. I’ll tweet it out for you!